There once was a snail named Herbert...

In other words, be patient.

We have been busy busy busy over here. Trying hard to finish up school, spring cleaning, and trying to plan our 10 year anniversary. 

Theodore has been pretty happy lately. Moving like a beast. Just this morning he was in the middle of the living room. I quickly went into the kitchen to pour more coffee but before I could even get the mug filled I hear the pitter patter slapping of his little hands on the kitchen floor. How he moves that fast I will never know. What we will do when he is walking I seriously do not know. And I question if all this work to get him to walk is a good move.... I think I'm going to have to put him on a leash like a dog hooked to a stake in the yard. Give him a good 10 foot perimeter to cover and just let him run circles all day.

That's neither here nor there yet. 

Right now he's doing this thing where the back half of his body is in crawling position but he lays his head on its side on the floor and scoots around the room until he bumps into something. I have no idea why but I must get a video of this before it stops. It's hilarious. 

He also loves to dump everything out. EVERYTHING. I do not exaggerate. This is supposedly the destruction phase which, of course, comes before the construction phase. I wonder if he will just as heartily enter the latter phase....

We have an upcoming meeting this week about transitioning Theodore's therapy. He is now approaching 'school age' and has the chance (possibly) to go to programs at school or continue his in home care every other week. This is actually a much harder decision than you might think. There are pros and cons on each side that I will not bother you with listing, but my hope is that he can partake in some school programs. Yes, believe it or not, that is my preference. However, for that to take place there are MANY MANY MANY things that need to be set up, arranged, taken care of.... So much so that it seems nearly impossible. The biggest issue being someone with him ALL the time. Including transportation. Which is also something that needs to be specially planned. I'm honestly not sure how much the school system can do but we will find out soon. 

I think that pretty much catches you up. I look forward to more frequent blogging in the weeks to come once school is finished. 

    

Comments

  1. Pretty element of content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I?ll be subscribing on your augment and even I achievement you get right of entry to persistently rapidly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment