A probably-not-so-good thought.

I had a thought just occur to me as I sat eating my Fruit Loops (yes, 'breakfast' at 11:45). I wish now that I hadn't thought it. It's one of THOSE thoughts, you know. The kind that should be welcomed but instead makes you uncomfortable and frustrated that you even had it. Because now that you've had it your only choice is to abide by it. I suppose you could ignore it, but that would only bring guilt and that nagging feeling every time you did. 

Ugh. I hate those 'self improvement' thoughts.  

First of all, you can thank my kids for this thought because every day - EVERY DAY- they complain about having to unload the dishwasher. It never fails. And every day it takes them about 3.5 minutes. They complain longer than it takes them to do the task they're complaining about. And what do I say??? "It didn't even take you 5 minutes!"

BOOM. Conviction like woah. 

**I really shouldn't complain about anything that takes less than 5 minutes.**

Stop! Stop reading now!! Close your browser and act like you never saw this!! You will have no guilt if you STOP NOW! :)

At first I thought this was a novel thought. "Oh yeah, that's a good rule to live by." 

NOT.

If I were to stop complaining about everything that took less than 5 minutes that would eliminate like 98% of my complaining. That means I would have, literally, almost nothing to complain about. 

That. makes. me. squirm.

You can laugh at me, but that probably means you're not being honest. 

If I stopped complaining about stuff then that means I'd stop validating my self pity party. I'd start realizing that almost all of the stuff I complain about isn't that big of a deal. It's not worth the air it takes to complain. I'd start realizing *gasp* my life isn't that bad.

I told you to stop reading. 

Why does this make me so uncomfortable?? I can only speak for myself when I answer this: selfishness. Plain and simple. 

So what am I going to do with this revelational (is that even a word? Relevatory maybe? I don't know...) thought??? I'm still deciding :) 

  

Comments