Highway to the Danger Zone

You know you've been away from home too long when your daughter forgets where the bathroom is. Also when your cats go ferrel again and start peeing on your countertops.

That being said, it was a good weekend home. And Ben being home almost full time helps to keep the cats in order. He will chase them down and spank them if needs be.
We have three cats. Three. We are the crazy cat people, Lord help me. It's true. Maverick was the original and he's pretty awesome. Well, he WAS awesome and then he got the special 'snip' and turned not so awesome. Who can blame him though? But since we've been gone he has decided he does indeed love us and has returned to his original awesomeness, and quite possibly beyond. Goose is number two. Goose is mine. Goose is the master of his outside world. He will hunt you down. He will win. And when he comes inside all he wants to do is sit in your lap and try to purr. In reality, his purr is more like a very large man breathing very fast. It is seriously so endearing. However, since we are hardly ever home he comes around maybe every 2 weeks or so for some food and some love and then leaves again to reclaim his position as King Goose of Cordova. And then there's the last and the least (I don't mean that, Ben......)- Tom Cat. This poor poor kitty. He is so dumb. We seriously thought maybe he was a turkey when we first got him. He's also the one that has now decided my counters are good litter boxes. This is weird to me. What about a countertop calls a cat to pee on it? Then again, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Maybe the real question is What about a countertop calls a turkey to pee on it? I'll think about that and see if I have any insight. I'll let you know.

So I guess our being away does have some upsides. All the cats are super loving when we're home. Is it worth the dirty countertops? No, not really.

What does this have to do with Rambo? Nothing. But thanks for sharing in my little detour. No one tell him and he'll never know. As far as the cats, if you're ever in Cordova and find one that gobbles like a turkey, shoot it and put me out of my misery.

Comments

  1. I'll come up and go 'hunting' for your 'turkey' any day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment