These are a few of my favorite things....

And not so favorite things. For instance, this entire past week or so. It's really weird that now Rambo is 'stable' and is not in as dire conditions as before, I'm more done now than ever.
Last night, Ben and I had a chance to get out together for dinner and a concert. It was great. We went to dinner and stuffed ourselves, enjoyed the nice weather and were pulling into the parking garage of the arena when my phone rings. It's a surgeon from JHH telling me they were taking Theodore into surgery that night because his infection had caused an abscess and it needed to be removed. He called it "semi-elective". In that it wasn't emergent but it needed to be done sooner rather than later. Great, thank you. Now I can really enjoy myself. Check off another surgery. That makes 5. Plus 5 infections. That's almost a surgery or infection for every week of his life.
That's just a glimpse at what's been going on. Dealing with people, being away from home, dividing our time; it's all gotten very very old. 

So, I've decided to not let the little things get to me (we'll see how that goes); to focus on the things that make me happy as opposed to dwelling on all the...... we'll say 'other stuff'. For posterity's sake, of course. Here are a few of the things that make me relax and take a deep breath and smile: flip flops, a good #2 pencil, Ruthie's laugh, windows down in the car, the smell of diesel, having coffee with a few certain people, picking at peeling skin, Emma's 'accent' (in all reality it's most likely a speech impediment - it's not like we're from anywhere, but still, I call it an accent), a nice new pair of jeans, plucking my eyebrows, Israel's desire to learn, the smell of fresh cut grass and the scent right after it rains, brushing my teeth, and a good long run. And last but not least - Rambo's smile. He does have one every once in a while and today was one of those days :) It amazes me that after all he's been through he just keeps smiling, just keeps smiling, just keeps smiling... Sorry, I got lost in the world of Nemo there for a second.
Now I'm going to bombard you with pictures of his wonderful self. Enjoy as much as I do :)

Comments

  1. that brought tears. love those baby smiles! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE..... all of you Taylor's! All of your children amaze me, each one in their own way<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conspicuously absent was a reference to your husband in that "favorite things" list. (firmly holding your head between my hands) You broke my heart, Amanda! You broke my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment