Same ol'. Same ol'.


Trach
Heart defect
Extubations (many)
Ocular issues
Daily multiple medications
Occupational/physical therapy
Rough days
Exercise in patience, trust, and contentment

not to mention....

Surgeries
Close calls
Kind of reminds me of the big woman/alien thing from
Fifth Element that the stones were in. Anybody?
Infections
G-Tube
Antibiotics
Motility problems
Nissen
Opposition with physicians
Suctioning
Higher oxygen requirement
Unable to swallow

I could go on, but I won't. You've heard it all before.

My point? Those things are what make THEODORE. (And also scigamnoshu.) They are an important part of who he is, but they are not all that he is.

With mom mom (his great grandmother) and Kitty Cat.
Rolls (literally, rolls everywhere. He's fat.)
His scars
An absolutely sublime smile
Happy
Interested in his siblings
Loves new people
Sleeps serenely
Makes me laugh
Keeps us guessing
Progresses each day
Wonderful work of God's hands

We focus on the good because those are the things that keep us going. But we remember the bad - where we were and are not anymore, the unknowns, the sickness, the unforged road ahead. We put the good in with the bad. That is Theodore Rambo.    



And by golly, he is really adorable.

Progress report: There is none. No, just kidding. :) He is really starting to lift his head and upper body up when he is on his belly. Just the other day he rolled from his belly to his back all by himself. He did it twice too, so I know it wasn't just a fluke. And I have seen him a handful of times actually try to turn onto his belly himself. There are also times (few and far between, but still) where he can sit up by himself for a few seconds. I'm such a proud mama *big beaming smile*. He is still a little short stack but ever so slowly working his way up to the chart. (Yes, I did say 'up to' because he has not even reached the chart yet.) He's fat as ever. Cute as ever. Happy as ever.

I know I've said it before and I'm sure you're tired of hearing it - Let's be honest, you can only handle someone talking about their own kid so much, so God bless you if you still read this blog - but I love that little boy.












Comments

  1. I love hearing about it! Again, it was great to see you all and we can't wait to do it again soon! Love to all the Taylors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment