With both feet.

Something a little different for today. Linking up with Ann Voscamp. You may have seen this under my Daily Cup page. Using it as a reminder.  Reminding myself to live. Right now. Take each moment, each new circumstance. Jump in with both feet.

Rambo is here.


Rambo is home.

Life is different.


Embrace.

Don't wait.


See I have placed the land before you; go in and possess the land which the Lord swore to give to your fathers; to Abraham to Isaac, and to Jacob. See the Lord your God has placed the land before you; go up, take possession, as the Lord , the God of your fathers, has spoken to you. Do not fear or be dismayed. The Lord your God who goes before you will Himself fight on your behalf, just as He did for you in Egypt before your eyes, and in the wilderness where you saw how the Lord your God carried you just as a man carries his son, in all the way which you have walked until you came to this place.

The land is before me. Indeed I am IN the land, and no matter the things God has done for me bringing me to this point (goes before me, carries me, seeks a place for me to camp, fire by night, cloud by day) I still fight against it. I still say no. I'm still afraid.

The Lord was angry saying, 'Not one of you shall see the good land which I swore to give your fathers... But as for you, turn around and set out for the wilderness...'
Then you said to me, 'We have sinned against the Lord; we will indeed go up and fight, just as the Lord our God commanded us.' And every man of you girded on his weapons of war, and regarded it as easy to go up into the hill country. And the Lord said to me, 'Do no go up or fight, for I am not among you; otherwise you will be defeated before your enemies.' So I spoke to you but you would not listen.

Too late.


Instead you rebelled against the command of the Lord, and acted presumptuously and went up into the hill country. The Amorites who lived in that hill country came out against you and chased you as bees do, and crushed you. Then you returned and wept before the Lord; but the Lord did not listen to your voice nor give ear to you. So you remained in Kadesh many days, the days that you spent there.


Then we turned and set out for the wilderness....


Don't wait. I can't wait. The Lord has promised good to me. To be my portion and my supply. To GIVE me this land. I don't need to fight - He will do it for me. Don't wait. The wilderness waits for me if I don't trust. Believe. Do. Enter.

Before it's too late.

*Deuteronomy 1 and 2:1*

Comments

  1. His promises are yes and AMEN! Believing with you, Amanda!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment