The time has come.

It's unfortunate, but true. 

This boy needs a haircut. It pains me to say it. And it's not just because his doctor mentions it EVERY time we go there, but he really does need one. He had his first haircut before he was 2 weeks old. Then they kept coming over the next several months. His hair has gone from brown to RED to strawberry blonde and curly. And it is still just starting to grow in in certain places the razor visited. 

I am loathe to do it.

If he were a girl I could pull it up in these super cute pony tails, or put a little clip in the front. But, alas, the curly hair was saved for my son. Figures. 

So, without (too much) further ado, and before I chicken out, he will have his first official hair cut. How we will implement this is a whole other issue considering the fact that he can't sit up stable on his own yet. Which means, mistakes could occur easily. I'm hoping to take off just enough to keep his head from looking larger than it already is, but not too much to take away the curl. Good luck, right? 

I'll try to get the hair cut documented via camera so you can see the disaster first hand. It should be interesting, to say the least.
 
On a side note, one of his doctors actually called him 'obese' yesterday. That's a first. 

  

Comments