Warning: Picture Heavy

I really should be doing something productive this Saturday morning, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm sure I'll pay for it later when it's 11pm and I'm tired and wanting sleep but my house is a mess.... oh well.

Instead I am giving you some fun pictures from this week. Enjoy!

New pals. Goose is thinking "I own you."

LOVE that look.

"Ugh, Ruth, I just want your brownie."

Yes- that's the kitchen. He's made it.
"Okay... I love you too not just your brownie."
I want to go to there.
"It's my ball and you can't have it."

We had an early day at Hopkins yesterday visiting the cardiologist. 5:30 am is not my favorite wake up time, but we survived with only a few coffee malfunctions and forgetting the suction machine which we had to go back for. (Thankfully we had only gotten a couple minutes away from the house when we realized.) So the results of his echo were... drum roll please.... not outstandingly good or bad. "Pretty good... for him." according to the doctor. Basically the same which means: There is still some VSD, leakage and obstruction of the mitral valve but pressures were good in all chambers. Because of all of his other issues and his past, the cardiologist wants to see him for an echo every 6 months as opposed to once a year. I am most definitely okay with that. We still won't know for a long time if he'll need any more surgeries for his heart, but we always hope the answer to that is no. As for the abnormal color changes he has been having they are most likely vascular - he goes purple with obstruction and really red with dilation. They should clear up as he grows and his muscle tone gets better. In other words, nothing to worry about at this point. Yay.

We also visited the medical records building to see if we could get any information. We were passed through several people until we finally reached the lady in charge. She was able to help us out a little and although I don't know exactly what I will be getting, or how thorough it will be, she agreed to waive the charge for a disc of information. I am thankful for that. I still think that it's all wrong, but I am just getting tired of fighting at every turn. 

I won't grow weary of doing good, I'll fight the good fight of faith. But, boy, it would be nice if ONE thing could be easy. 

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Happy Saturday to all!

Comments

  1. I love the pics. I must say my favorite is the cats paws touching Theodores paws.. I mean feet.
    Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us instead of doing your housework. I'm sure that was a hard decision to make. :) By the way, just for words with friends sake... is housework one word or two? <3 Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment