Adjusting.

To the everyday.


To the normal.


To the noise.


Day 2 of being home and I'm feeling pretty good. I can't begin to describe how good it feels to be with my family again. To make my homemade laundry detergent. To smell homemade bread. To drink fresh coffee made from freshly ground beans. To see my kids rooms (which just so happen to be terribly clean thanks to my mom in law - and my kids for keeping them that way.) To see their smiles and hear their quarrels. To see my sweet puppy who I was convinced wouldn't remember me (he did). To go to sleep and wake up in my own bed next to my husband. 


Day 2 and I'm slightly fighting the feeling of being overwhelmed. Not by routine this time - mostly because we are done school for the year! Woot! But by the noise. I forgot how loud all of Theodore's equipment is. I've forgotten how to tune out the constant humming. Therefore, talking has to be louder, the tv has to be turned up. The noise that three little children can make. The noise of me having to repeat myself over and over again to those same three little children. The noise a puppy makes. The noise of my phone ringing. Or even a conversation.


For 12 days it was quiet for me. I lived in a room with no tv. No one to talk to (for part of it). The hospital rooms are even private now, so there were no other nurses or patients or commotion. The equipment is built in so everything ran so quietly. No phone ringing. I was used to the quiet.


Now we are back to reality. And I do love this reality so. Albeit, much louder and a little more chaotic, it is a wonderful thing. I've almost retrained myself to hear above the humming. I can almost hear a car pull in the driveway or a knock at the door. And I'm liking the fact that it's almost 1 o'clock and the tv hasn't been turned on yet. 


Rambo has been in a constant good mood. Happy to wake up. Happy to play. Happy to fall asleep. He is thoroughly enjoying his siblings and they him. 


Yes, life is good. I'm not too pleased with the diapers I've been changing. 14 days on a few antibiotics and 12 left to go and those are only going to get worse. But I think it's a worthwhile exchange. Of course, in 12 days I might be saying something else. Remind me when the time comes. :)



Comments