Blessed Life

Yesterday I was in a bad mood. Seriously, just ask my mother in law. I'm not sure what it was but I think everything caught up to me: 3rd admission to Hopkins, lack of sleep, changing floors, etc. Thankfully, I woke up this morning a bit more refreshed from a good night's sleep and came in to see a happy kiddo. I love that boy's smile. And his hugs! 


We just missed the doctors rounding this morning so I'm not sure what the game plan is. Or if there even is one. As of yesterday, because Rambo has now changed hands of who is attending him, the original plan of coming home on the vent has gone out the window. Or at least has been way layed for now. (I'm actually not even sure if that's the correct term, but it sounded right in my head...). The pulmonary doc in charge isn't too keen on the idea of Rambo being home on a vent at night. I'm not sure what that's going to mean in the long run. But for now they need to observe him, collect data, etc and come up with a plan. 


I hope I'm not getting ahead of myself. I just realized I may not have explained why this option of being on a vent at night is even up for discussion. From what we can tell, mainly because this is his third admission, it appears that he has not fully recovered from the original virus he had about two months ago. Put a beast of a virus on top of already not great lungs and this is what you come out with: a long recovery. So the question now is, how long of a recovery? 


So that's where we are. Hopefully coming up with a plan that works for everyone. And by everyone I mean mainly us as a whole family-at least in my opinion that's all that matters. If I had to guess I'd say that we are looking at a few more weeks here. Anything is possible but that would be my educated guess at this point. 


We are waiting in the unknown at this point. Again. I am thankful that he is doing well and acting like himself. I'm struggling with the fact that being on a vent at night might be his new normal and from being away from my family again. 


But....


This is the Blessed Life- not anxious to see far in front, nor careful about the next step, not eager to choose the path, nor weighted with the heavy responsibilities of the future, but quietly following behind the Shepherd, one step at a time.


So here's to today (as I raise my cup of coffee). Only today. 

Comments

  1. Today is all we have so that sounds good to me :) Love you! You're never far from my thoughts and prayers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang..well again I have tears in my eyes. What can I say, but that I am glad Theodore is holding his own and doing better. I am very happy your spirits have been lifted today. Remember what everyone probably has already told you. The Lord would not give you more then you could bare. Sometimes I have to admit I question that ideal but I am still here on this earth as well. I don't know if I am sane but I am here. You are strong and you are here and you and your family will be all together again. Sarah Bruns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda (Tarantula :)
    We've been praying for Rambo for a while now and for you and Ben and your little family, but tonight at bedtime Lily (3), said, "Don't forget to pray for Rainbow" and I was blessed with the image of His promises and thankful that we can pray. And then tomorrow, we'll pray again.
    Love you,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey (White lightning), OH MY GOSH!! How the heck are you? I'm going to go catch up with your life on your blog now :) love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment