Spirit Animal.

I'll admit it, I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Somewhere after I turned 30 my body and mind (mostly mind) decided they were going to knot themselves, or loose themselves. I'm not sure which. But whatever happened left me like "Well, this is it. I guess just death is left." 

So anyway... I think I found my spirit animal.


 

Yes, kid, yes. I do. I don't even actually know what you said, but I feel you in the depths of my soul. 

 I relate to the rapid searching of your mind for the right word that has miraculously disappeared from your vocabulary. I relate to your utter unashamed determination to NEVER QUIT until you say exactly what you wanted to say. And mostly, I relate to you doing this all out loud. If I'm suffering you're all suffering. 

Dear kid that I don't know, back when this video came out I could not relate. I didn't fully appreciate you. But now. Oh now, I really do. Unfortunately for me, trying to order a breakfast sandwich at the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru only to realize that though I recognize the word 'croissant' on the screen I, for the life of me, cannot find it in the depths of my brain anywhere to voice -is far less adorable. I can come up with 'crescent' and in my most French accent 'krwa-san'. Why French, you ask? I have no idea. I've never had a single lesson in French. But today? Today my newly decrepit mind tells me I'm French. Fluent even.I've been speaking it for years. But the normal English pronunciation of the word croissant- nowhere. 

The only bright side? Completely embarrassing my teenage daughter who was with me. And then, eating her sandwich instead of mine because I didn't even recognize that it was not on a croissant. 

 My kids tell me it's the tumor I pushed up into my brain from my nose a couple of years ago. Maybe they're right. All I know is - Please don't ask me to tell you if that is a goose or a duck because it's honestly all a guess.

Comments

  1. 😂😂😂😂 Duly noted 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment