Pontoon-ing it up

Yesterday Ben rented a pontoon boat for us and captained us around for 4 hours!








We traveled slowly along the shoreline taking in all the houses from quaint little trailers with personal docks to enormous, decadent mansions with castle (literally) boat houses. I was also totally scoping for an alligator knowing it would simultaneously thrill and terrify me. We never did see one. And we also zoomed from one lake to the next. 

Needless to say, the scenery was beautiful. 







Then we decided to stop somewhere in the middle of the lake where we were "pretty sure" there wouldn't be any alligators and have a swim break. 

And every single one of us got in! Even me! 






(Of course I only got a picture of Israel right up next to the boat.) 

We swam for about 40 minutes and even swam under the boat which was super cool! I'll see if I can get some better photos of that from Ben but you can see the water appeared to be a really cool highlighter color when we were under there. 


Theodore loved it and didn't want to get out. And we were all happy that none of us felt anything bump into or brush against our legs. 


We had such a great time sightseeing, swimming, cruising, and trying to pull sunken boats out of the water (which ended up just being a really long reed). 



And before we ended our cruise we pulled up to a little island to explore. 





We seriously had the BEST time! Ben even let me take a stab at piloting. And despite my hesitancy to go 5000 rpms and my certainty that I would crash us into another boat I am proud to report that I indeed got us across the lake at a good clip and also avoided colliding with all other seacraft. 

I take a bow. 





Comments