5 o'clock in the morning. Where ya gonna be?

Ladies and gentlemen, it is finally here. Yes, that's right, the much awaited sleep study happens tonight. It's been put off time after time for various reasons, but I'm hoping with only 9 hours to go until this event we can safely say it's here. 

What will this accomplish? Supposedly: it will determine why he needs oxygen at night : apnea of some sort?, wheezing?, too shallow breaths?, etc. From my understanding they hook him up to a whole bunch of monitors and then watch. 

I do expect some kind of answers although I'm not sure what they'll be. Maybe they will say that his 'desating' isn't that bad and we can try him off the oxygen every other night. Maybe they'll say to start him off oxygen while he's awake. I don't know. In any case, when they kick us out at 5:30am tomorrow morning, hopefully we'll be coming home with some answers. 

Rambo also had his one year check up yesterday. And, despite having the same nurse that screwed up his shots last time basically do the same thing this time, we came out semi unscathed. On a side note here, any advice on how to ask for a different nurse when you are at a small pediatric practice? And hopefully not offend? Or do I just say, who cares if I offend her? He weighs in at 21 pounds which is almost the 50th percentile! The catch? He is still super short and not on the chart yet. Which means what we already knew.. .he's a chunk. Also his head is large. So he definitely looks a little disproportionate, especially when he's being held. Other than that, and a few small issues we're working out, he is doing very well. And that day he got his knees under him - definitely not a fluke :) He's done it many times since then. I keep slipping my hand underneath of him to make sure his belly isn't touching the ground. Oy vey. Chaos is yet again just around the corner. 


Just a couple of cell phone pictures I snapped this week. Little man doing what he does best. 


So tonight as you all are nestled up in your beds with visions of sugar plums and all that, Ben and I will be fighting over a singular stretch-a-chair. I, of course, will overcome and win. Because that's how I roll.

 

Comments