Can you hand me a gau??

You know, because gauze is plural.....

We have made it. And by saying "we have made it" I really mean that we have made it! Not only is Rambo alive but he is acting like himself- 15 minute naps and all. All I can say is thank you Jesus. I wasn't sure that I would see him be his sweet self again, or get his most wonderful hugs and kisses, or watch him belly laugh. And he has done all of those in the past three days.

Tomorrow (as long as there is room) Theodore will be moved out of ICU and into intermediate care. The plan, and you know how that goes, is for him to come home on a vent at night. Its unfortunate it took him nearly dying for this to happen. It really is. BUT at least everyone is in agreement now. Until someone from somewhere comes along and decides on a whim they don't think he needs it.....

Okay, I'm stopping there. I won't be negative. Don't be negative, Amanda. Really what do I have to be negative about? He is ALIVE and that is enough.

Rambo is still a little weak. He can't hold himself up well when he's on his belly and he definitely can't get up to his hands and knees yet but he will get there. His hair cut is...... lacking, to say the least. He's in need of either a high and tight or a mohawk. Neither one of which I really want him to have but this awful "do" on his head is a 90's haircut gone wrong. Poor guy can't catch a break.

Thank you to everyone for your kindness, generosity and prayers. Thank you for kind words. For cards. For visits. For pleading to God on our behalf. Thank you, God, for my son who is here because of You.

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to,all the fullness of God. Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think..." Ephesians 3:14-20

Because of your prayers and God's goodness I did feel the length and breadth and height and depth of His love. And I am exceedingly grateful He did far more than I could have asked.

Thank you doctors and nurses and helicopter pilots.

My list of things to be thankful for has grown by at least 4000. I never thought I'd be thankful for a 4am Diet Coke. Or a Diet Coke in general.

My belly is now talking to me. I am hun-ga-ry. I bet I'd be thankful for a Diet Coke again right about now. It's weird the way things work.

Comments

  1. Mandy, This is indeed great news! All the world will be glad to see you guys home. Everyone's prayers have been answered.

    Also, happy birthday to Israel.

    Love, Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, I am going going through the steps with Mom on how to post a comment - so you can ignore this. Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know you but I have been following your blog and praying and thinking about your family and little boy. God is so good, thank the Lord your little guy has gotten thru your faith and love in the Lord is so beautiful I have learned so much from you thru your blog on how to.trust in him thank you! and I will continue to.follow so.please keep.us posted :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment