Oh Susanna!

This is quite possibly going to be the most annoying blog post ever. Enjoy.

I said in an earlier post that the majority of our time at the hospital was spent singing songs to Theodore. Seriously at least 65% of the time that is what we were doing. So it's no surprise that I have these songs rotating through my mind constantly. The following is my effort to get them into your head and out of mine!

Thus the list begins:

Oh, Susanna!
She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes.
Yankee Doodle.
Twinkle, twinkle little star.
I've been working on the railroad.
Clementine (which, if you didn't know, has some seriously disturbing lyrics.)
If all the raindrops were....
Jesus loves me.
Row row row your boat (in round form, of course)
The alphabet.
Cuckaberra.
Oh little playmate (Grandmom's pick - not mine, but it would be the one that got stuck in my head above all others.)
How much is that doggy in the window?
Do your ears hang low?
Jesus loves the little children.
Skinamarinky-dinky-dink.
Sally the camel.
Old Macdonald.
Pat-a-cake.
Mary had a little lamb.

Luckily for you that is all that I can think of right now. Not to mention, Happy Birthday. I'm sure I'm forgetting at least a few but maybe this means that they are slowly cycling their way out of my brain. I can only hope. Also, I will not say that we sang at least half of these in harmony. This is what my life has sunk to.

I wouldn't mind you letting me know what some of your kid songs are because it's good to keep some in the queue - just in case. 

Totally unrelated- I really wonder when my dog will start peeing like a real dog and lift his leg instead of drenching his front two paws each time.

Also, I'm really excited to get the camera out and get some good shots instead of the cell phone gritty-ness.

Enjoy your day singing!   

Comments