Stank technology.

I seriously hate technology. Except for, of course, the stuff that saved my sons life. But every thing OTHER than that I hate. From phones that randomly shut themselves off to computers that tell me I'm putting in the wrong password to things that tell you every ten minutes to update, I'm swearing off technology. 

No, I'm not. I think taking Theodore to Baltimore in a horse and buggy would quickly become trying to say the least. Also, keeping him alive would be difficult. But I do appreciate more and more the technology free aspect of the Amish. Plus their food. And their quilts. 

Today has been...... okay. It really has. It's just the million little things, mostly but not limited to technological issues, that have driven me crazy. It's the fact that there is no food in the house. (The kids had one tortilla with peanut butter and a small bowl of dry cereal for breakfast.) It's the flour - the completely sealed unopened flour (two bags)- that have those dirty little mites in it so I can't even make bread. It's the phone that doesn't ring loud enough. It's the stinking trach collar that will not for the life of me stay over Theodore's trach. It's the freezer burned fish sticks. It's the air purifier in the middle of the room. It's the stinking mouse who manages to survive with THREE cats in the house.

I'm realizing now that the bulk of that was not technology specific- I think that just must have been what put me over the edge.

Bright side? Idaho is back! And he is as big as ever. Theodore is still doing really well. Everyone is sleeping in their own rooms. I'm almost done the laundry. 

The bright side list was a touch smaller than the other one. I definitely didn't see that coming so now that it's written out I kind of wonder how my day was okay at all. But I did manage to keep the perspective today that doing normal things is just going to take a little bit longer than it would someone else. Instead of just moving a baby I have things to unplug and rearrange and that's just the way it is. Today I was able to remember that and it made things go much more smoothly. It was real better. I have to let you know that I'm not an idiot and am aware that saying 'real better' is completely incorrect. It just so happens that a US Olympian stated exactly that after competing in an event. Go USA- we are real better at education.

Unfortunately for me I now have to somehow keep this dog from barking at the cat so Rambo can stay sleeping. I'm off to try to accomplish that. I look forward to bed in a few hours. 

Oh, and I guess I forgot to mention that we are back in our own house. We got here yesterday afternoon and things are going swimmingly. Except for all the negatives I mentioned before....

         

Comments