I always say...

What's the one thing I always say when I'm making bread?


“If thou tastest a crust of bread, thou tastest all the stars and all the heavens.”  Robert Browning

No. I don't. I actually just looked that up. Usually when I'm making bread I'm humming whatever song the kids happen to be singing, which lately has been Christmas songs for their school program. *side note: Christmas is NEXT month. I hope you all are further ahead than me in your shopping.* 

  
And today was no different. Jingle Bells, O Come Emmanuel and also Alanis Morissette's 'Isn't it Ironic' from a reference in last nights post. (Songs tend to stay stuck in my head for a while.) Today WAS different in the fact that it was a new recipe. 


Trust me, I followed the directions to a T and it turned out wonderfully. But you will never know because I forgot to take pictures after the loaves baked. I promise they were good. And I'm pretty proud of myself for reading the directions first and then actually following them.

Rambo also made a new friend today. Well, he has actually met this friend before and has been quite interested in him but today he reached out and touched him.

   
Theodore will chase you around if you have the vacuum out. The noise doesn't bother him (big surprise, as though it's ever quiet around him) nor does the size. He wants to watch you with that thing and he wants to be close. But he doesn't usually want to be THAT close. Today he went for it. Good job, buddy!

And finally, my day pretty much ended with a special treat from my girls. They prepared for me and Israel a nice treat followed by a massage.


This is a Taylor girl specialty... I guess. They just made it up today: cereal and marshmallows with syrup. It's straight from Buddy the Elf's pantry. I called it a candy trail mix. It was a little sweet. And yes, that is ice cream in the other bowl.


And to make sure we weren't thirsty after that delicious..... treat... Sierra Mist in the good glasses! Of course the fun didn't end there because I still had a massage coming. A massage complete with an array of kitchen utensils. It was..... nice. 

Be jealous.
 
NaBloPoMo November 2012

Comments

  1. You kids are wonderful! Can't wait 'til my kids can fatten me up w/ candy & then beat me with utensils... errr... I mean... lavish me with gifts & massage their little hearts out ;) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment