Mason jars


I've had this jar sitting around.

Just sitting around filled with doubts and fears and sorrows.

Reminding me every time I sit down what all those are.

Those things have been in that mason jar... in my heart... for too long.



So, yesterday, I set those things on fire.



"The removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things,
so that those things which can not be shaken
may remain..."


"...Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which can not be shaken,
let us show gratitude,
by which we may offer to God an acceptable service
with reverence and awe."


"For our God is a consuming fire." - Hebrews

All that jar represented was created things.

Real things, yes.

Hurt and sadness and doubt.

Things, if I had my choice, I certainly wouldn't have chosen.

But all meaningful. Not unnecessary. Not meaningless.

All working together so that the unshakeable can remain. 

"Of course you can't see what it's doing! Don't look at what is seen." - John Piper

Because what is seen is all created- all momentary- all shakeable.



It's the unseen that is not shakeable.

Eternity.

Joy.

Contentment.

Peace.

Security.

Perfect Love.

Those are the worthwhile and not able to be created by human hands.

Those are what will remain.

So I took my mason jar filled with my heart and I emptied it. Allowing there to be room for what really matters. 


And I replaced my "I'm not crazy" lid with one of lasting value; one that shows gratitude.

And the first thing that goes in there will be thanks for that last jar. 

Thanks for the removing of the shakeable. 

Thanks for giving me what will remain. Forever.

Hopefully I'll need more than one of these jars. 


Comments

  1. Beautiful Amanda! God is speaking this same truth to my own broken heart. In fact my heart, is my alabaster box. And it is filled with all that Jesus has placed there. And it is beautiful to Him! All of it! It is all I have to break open and pour out , and Jesus calls it sweet Xooxox <><

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment