Planes, trains, and automobiles.

Since the kids have been home from camp I haven't had as much time to devote to anything that isn't related to them. But we are starting to get back into the swing of things. 

Yesterday we had a nurse and got to take the other three to the movies. For the girls it was their first time. They, obviously, sat in the front row because how else can a kid go to the theaters without sitting in the neck breaking front row? 

We saw Planes. The kids have been waiting to see this since the first preview came out. And it was lack luster. I don't think they realized it, but it was not nearly as good as Cars and took about 20-30 minutes to get into it's groove. Then, even at that point, it was only 'meh'. But this isn't a movie review blog and the important thing is that the kids THOROUGHLY enjoyed themselves. If you're a parent though, I'm just letting you know......

Theodore stayed at home with the nurse and pretty much drove her crazy because he wouldn't take a nap. Welcome to my world. 

He's been, I think, fighting a trach infection and has been a little less than pleasant lately.

We're all enjoying the last few weeks of summer before *I hate to even say it* school starts. 

Just saying that deflates me like a pin in a balloon. It kind of makes my insides die a little.    

And, you know, I thought after 10 days at camp where the kids had little to no technology they would come home ready to continue in their use of imagination and creativity. 

I don't know what I was thinking. Keeping them off of anything that involves a screen has been like pulling teeth. But today we shall try again because we all keep trying like fools! 


Comments