The start.

There are a lot of ways to start the day poorly. On the floor would be one... sick... with a headache... in the hospital...   they all have almost a guarantee that your day is going in the wrong direction (and possibly the night before had already gone that way.) But nothing, nothing I tell you, is worse than a weak cup of coffee. 

It's like a sign that the day, which up until now held so much potential, is going to be like this sad little weak cup of brown water. 

At this point you may be thinking I'm a coffee snob, but I like to think of myself as a coffee hobby--ist--er....  (It's a real thing.) I like my coffee, it's true. Good coffee. STRONG coffee. Anything else is, as I said before, just gross brown water. And this morning, when I mistakenly made my coffee far too weak I realized how lazy I was when I refused to make a second better pot.

Wait... my laziness could not have been where I was going with this. Actually, where was I going with this?

I don't even know. I'm still messed up from the first failed attempt. All I know is that as I expectantly poured my freshly brewed hot mug of deliciousness early this morning, thinking of all the ways it was going to taste delicious and warm my body and ever so gently wake me from my stupor, I got slapped in the face by weak, dirty drink. 

I'm still angry.

And my day only went downhill from there. Theodore has some sickness thing that is making him do that gagging/coughing junk that chills me to the bone and makes me want to say bad words to puppies and children. I have been covered in wet drool about 16 times today - COVERED. IN. IT.

I really do feel bad for Theodore too, not just myself. That's what makes it even worse. I know he's miserable but there's not a thing I can do. He's been struggling with a fever since last week but thankfully it has come down and only been low grade over the past several days. Hopefully we are nearing the end of this bout of sickness and can get on to better coffee; which will, by definition, lead to better days. 

Or not, but it will hopefully make them start a little less badly.         

Comments

  1. Better coffee DOES by definition lead to see better day! Duh, as we used to so eloquently say! Your post made me lol...that's laugh out loud as we u....yeah you know .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment