Balked at every turn.

It has been one of those mornings. You know, the kind where you wake up in a delightful mood and then everything in the world does it's best to bring you down. Nothing big, but subtle little 'screw you' moments. 


Like wanting to download pictures on the computer but realizing the camera is out in the van. No big deal, right? Except you run out to the van in slipper socks only to find it locked. Back inside for the keys than outside again to grab the camera - now your socks are soaked through from the dew.


Like getting Rambo's bottle full and then spilling it - ALL of it out on the counter. Now I have to refill the bottle and clean up the mess.


Like getting his food out to the food pump and finding that I don't have a bag there so I have to go get one.


Like those darn fruit flies everywhere!!!! Still!!!!


Like my children needing me to repeat myself a dozen times before, according to them, they hear me. 


Like going to sweep the kitchen floor because I found stuffing from last nights dinner swept into a corner that I didn't know about it, only to find the broom handle sticky all the way down. Don't know why. Don't want to know why. 


Yeah.... you know what I mean.


Nevertheless, like Miley Cyrus I am determined to keep my head held high. I have had a wonderful few days for my birthday. Including getting to sleep in, Ben making his pancake heaven pancakes for breakfast and a Valentine's Day card from him. I like to think he's just really really ahead for February. On Valentine's Day I'll probably get a Mother's Day card. He's special like that :) I also had a few drop ins from friends who helped make my day special. But I think my favorite present was a handful of unsharpened pencils wrapped in a paper towel - Thanks, Rob. 


There were a few other highlights like taking the kids trick or treating (which you can read about and see pictures of here.) and the sky was beautiful all day as well. But the best (well, one of the best - sleeping in really was pretty nice) was Rambo rolling over. He's done it once before all by himself - the video of that is here. But he suddenly started rolling over and rolling back and rolling over again. He hasn't stopped since. Makes my heart happy :) The only trouble is now his tubes and cords REALLY get tangled. Comes with the territory. Also, not on my birthday, but Rambo belly laughed! I wasn't sure what was going on at first because he doesn't make any noise. I was concerned he was having breathing troubles but once I assessed the situation I realized he was laughing. It was one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. Truly a bittersweet moment. I can't wait until I can hear him laughing, not just see him.


Anyway, back to the grind today where coffee and pajamas are my best friend. 


Have a wonderful day. And if you want some espresso or coffee come this way :)


   



Comments