Not my finest hour.

This week has been quiet on the blogging front. Not the blogging world as a whole (well, I don't know, maybe it has been but I doubt it.) but for this blogger in particular. And for one reason alone.

I AM LOSING MY FREAKING MIND.

This has been one of those having-four-children-was-not-my-proudest-moment weeks. If you know what I mean. I love my children. I really do. I just need to remind myself of that sometimes.

So this leads me to Things I Don't Understand: Episode 4

1) How children literally have endless amounts of energy.
2) Why they fight to the death one minute and then are instantly sad the second they are apart.
3) Why I have to tell them a million and a half times to do something and then, in the midst of doing it, remind them what it is they are doing.
4) How they can wipe their noses on their sleeves.
5) How they sit mesmerized by the most mind-numbing show just because the 'big box' is glowing. 
6) Why they want to do the exact opposite of what they are doing even though they are doing exactly what they asked to do.
7) Why it is so hard to put away clothes.
8) Why going to bed is the worst thing in the world. You couldn't pay me to stay up any longer than I have to.
9) Why after repeated lessons to not open the door when they think someone knocks they still open up the door all the live long day.
10) Why they hate me so.

 
 

Comments

  1. I hear ya loud and clear. I could create my own list too, but then again why would I even want to recall those things. Just UNDERSTAND that God gave you those children becase he knows you can handle them. He doesn't give you anything you can't handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children do not hate you. You are a incredible mommy. Every baby and child should be so lucky as to have a mom and dad like your's do. You all are blessed in so many way's even if they are small little miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wait you still have to do the teenage years. I am with you cuz. I have a teenager that thinks I am a Horrible Mom and a 6 year old that loves and hates me because I don't have the energy to play with him after arguing all night with the teenager. It just gets better. I love you and think you are awesome.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He [God] doesn't give you anything you can't handle." Not true. It is precisely when we are weakest that He is strong. it is through our inability to handle a situation and subsequent reliance up God that gives Him the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa.... You don't really mean that it gets better, do you? You mean like sarcastically, "it gets better." Oh joy. Hahaha.

    You're awesome too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment