Negative.

I've been having trouble getting out of a negative mindset lately. That's not to say that there aren't any positive thoughts or hours or days... but, on a whole, I've been struggling. Especially with the million little 'inconveniences' that pop up during a regular day. So, in an effort to change my attitude, or maybe just so I have something I can look at and say "See, things aren't THAT bad" I have decided to start composing a list looking for all the positives in all the areas of my life. One by one. Painstakingly keeping you a part of the process. 

For today:

My house
This will most likely be the shortest list ever.

We have one.
I have a large kitchen- and also a new dishwasher. Woot!


There you have it. I won't bring up the fact that our hallway door doesn't latch. Or that my open/dining room is three quarters hospital/baby area. Or that we don't have insulation under the floor. Or the kids rooms.... don't even talk about the kids rooms....

I think I veered off course here.... Ah, yes. The positives. We do have a house. It could be worse. And our neighbors aren't so bad. :)

This didn't work quite as well as I thought it would. But it's a start. Maybe next time my list will be longer.   

  

Comments

  1. In all things, give thanks!! Pick a praise and worship song that really speaks to your heart and sing it, meditate on it, teach it to the kids....anything to get its message in your heart and to encorage you. I am going to be back home Saturday and Lexi and I will be in contact to see how we can help. Hang in there, dear Manda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently, during a time of lonliness, and a highly unproductive " inspection " of those around me, the Holy Spirit prompted me to put a dead halt to such thinking! I began to sing " turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth WILL grow strangely dim in the light of His Glory and Grace." Nothing compares to Him, and He IS worthy of all praise! Jesus can turn your night into morning. He is light! He is supernatural and He is mine and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment