Stages.

It is now 2013. Ugh. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. When 2012 came I told 2011 to shove it because it had sucked and I was looking forward to better things. Well, 2012 pretty much disappointed as well. So with 2013 here now I have decided the best thing is to not make any expectations... okay, that's only half true. My hope for this year:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans for welfare and not for calamity
to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me,
and I will listen to you.
You will seek Me and find Me 
when you search for Me with all your heart.
I will be found by you," declares the Lord,
"and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you
from all the nations and from all the places
where I have driven you," declares the Lord,
"and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile."
Jeremiah 29:11-14

My hope is to let the Lord be my hope, come what may or may not, despite circumstances, because His mercies are new every morning. 

With that being said, here's a look back to all the 'wonderful' Rambo stages of 2012. They can be put into two categories. The first is the "I'm-so-glad-this-is-lasting-a-long-time" category. The second is "could-this-go-any-slower-please-be-over-soon" category. 

I'm-so-glad-this-is-lasting-a-long-time 

snuggles.
kisses and love.
falling asleep in the middle of the floor.
simple entertainment.
sitting in my lap is enough.
actually making it through the summer alive.
watching the transition from rolling to crawling to walking.
sleeping amidst noise and chaos.
still fitting into onesies so he can't pull on his g-tube.
fitting into an infant carseat.

That stage can be summed up by saying it's all the wonderful baby stages that you wish could be drawn out and truly enjoyed before they are gone. I am thankful to have gotten to experience those to the fullest.

Could-this-go-any-slower-please-be-over-soon

biting.
EVERYTHING in the mouth.
beep beep BEEPING
tubes.
changing diapers in the 'grabby, rolling' stage. ugh.
the summer from hell.
nursing situation.
doctors appointments.

This category may appear to be smaller but don't let it fool you - it takes up the majority of our time. 

All in all, Rambo in 2012 has made some AWESOME progress. He may be a 2 year old that's developmentally a year behind but he just keeps going. He has a lot yet to overcome but we will patiently wait beside him- and if nothing ever changes... well, then it doesn't. It's as simple as that. 
 

 
 

Comments

  1. you inspire me so much Amanda, prayers for a better year for your family and Theodore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment