Oh boy Oberto.

I never really thought about the fact that Theodore would have all the issues he has AND be a toddler. But let me tell you, he is full swing in toddler mode. Simple things like changing his diaper, suctioning him, changing trach ties have suddenly taken a turn for the impossible. 

Hands everywhere, turning over, moving, pushing me away, reaching for everything..... ugh. I have a toddler on my hands.

I say this often, but I thought I was busy before. I seriously can't take my eyes off of him. Needless to say, Theodore Relief Brigade (as my aunt and uncle dubbed it) is open again and anyone wiling to help with ANYTHING is welcomed. Seriously. With school back in full force and Theodore in full force... life just got real. Again. 

Theodore, on a whole, has been doing quite well and his skills have taken off as I've said recently. His health has been a little on the sketchy side. He's been fighting something off for a week or so... not sure if we're winning or losing. He needed his vent last week, he's getting suctioned like crazy, he's had a low grade fever for several days.... all those little things that add up to make a big thing. But we're doing our best and hoping that it doesn't turn for the worse. His mood hasn't changed and that's always a good thing. Other than having a few super clingy days, he's been his happy little self. 

Our nursing has been heinously sporadic so that makes it hard to plan anything. One good thing about night shift is that Ben has been able to cover any nights he is home and no nurse is available. Unfortunately, for this fact alone, he is now finished with night shift for a while so I'm on duty.... boo. If night time nursing were the only issue then that would be one thing, but our day time nursing has been worse than night time. 

I guess this serves to make me even more thankful for the nurses who do show up continuously. 

.... I guess....

Anyway... school is in action without me, which essentially means nothing is getting done. I better go keep order.  

Comments