I got tone.

And Rambo got his trach. So we both accomplished something today. I mean, I don't want to take the limelight away from little man, but I was pretty proud of myself. I'm sure I lost most of you with that reference (and by 'most' I mean all but one) but that's okay.

We were all (the kids and I and my mom) supposed to go home for the next couple of days, but that's not exactly how things worked out. Ben got a call this morning saying that Rambo was having his surgery this afternoon. We've been talking about this option for a while now so I know what a tracheostomy is. I know what it does. I know what it looks like. Yet still, somehow I am not sure how to handle a hole cut into my childs throat. It was a very surreal feeling today looking at him when he came back. Maybe it's because the dynamics of today were all different. It caught me off guard a little, Ben wasn't there for this surgery, I wasn't a big fan of the anesthesiologists tripping over the equipment as they walked him to the OR, the room was CHAOS when he returned. (Not because of him, per say, but because they had 3 surgeries come back at once.) So, I was..... overwhelmed; maybe that's the word I'm looking for. Overwhelmed in that I'm still trying to catch up. I don't know. Anyway, now I feel like I'm just rambling like I do when I leave phone messages. I hate leaving phone messages. I always forget what I wanted to say and then I get flustered and then I end up stating that I'm aware that I'm just rambling.............

It's a vicious cycle.

I'm so thankful we don't have to worry about anymore emergency intubations. He can take his time now and build up to breathing on his own. It looks like next week Rambo will be getting a G tube and Nissen and then the plan is to slowly work our way home. Maybe hit up some rehab places on the way. And then, after that, try to take over the world.

Comments