Stiff drink and a cigarette

I would generally have something really witty to say, but my heart is heavy tonight. I promise to continue my rantings of the past few months soon. I know everyone is waiting on the edge of their seat for my next new blog and I don't want to keep you all waiting long or *gasp* loose any followers. So please spare me a rare serious moment and I promise to make the next one really good.

Theodore took a very serious turn for the worst last night. At first we thought it was just the typical stuff that occurs right before he needs to be intubated again: working really hard to breathe, turning pale, becoming very limp. But even after his intubation he did not improve. I received several calls from the nurse practitioner throughout the night and in her own words she was "very concerned for him." Everyone was confused as to what was actually going on but their best guess was another infection. So they immediately put him on antibiotics to treat whatever may be there and took cultures. The results for the cultures are still pending but we are aware of the main issue that is causing him such extreme trouble. His heart. Again. They did an echo today and we were told that his heart is not functioning well at all.

Now, I haven't yet gotten to the blog that explains in painful detail how exactly the heart works (Don't worry. I'm not actually going to do that.) so I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. Because, honestly, I still don't have a clue. Both valves (the 2 they created out of the 1) are leaking severely. This is causing high pressure throughout the heart and his body can not handle it. The reason for the leaking valves is unknown. The two main possibilities are infection or some damage to the repairs such as a loose stitch. We do not know what this means for him. However, we have a good idea that he has another surgery in store in the near future.

In the meantime we hope he can build strength. He looked bad, very very bad today. He is not strong.

Please pray for a miracle. Pray the doctors can move quickly and treat him efficiently. Pray for our peace.

   *He has enclosed Theodore behind and before and laid His hand upon him. Such  knowledge is too high. I can not attain it. *

Comments

  1. I'm sorry Amanda, I wish I could be there with you! But, I hope you know, I have been following all your updates via fb, and now I've joined the city, and now this. And I have been praying for you and little Theodore, continually. Just don't forget he will never leave you, or Theordore, nor forsake you! He is continually with you. And he is working ALL things together for good, even though, trust me I know, it doesn't feel like it sometimes. :)

    Hugs & Prayers,
    Melissa Brown

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment