On top of the World

I feel victorious! 


It's not because there was a helicopter with a search light right outside my window last night circling the area because they were looking for someone. Victorious wouldn't be the right word for that. Maybe...... concerned.


It's not because I finally caught the movie 'Soul Surfer' from the beginning and right at the climax (which sneaks up on you, by the way, because there are A LOT of surfing scenes in that movie) some random lady comes over to talk to me for 1.5 minutes and I MISS THE SHARK ATTACK. In case you didn't know - that's the whole point of the movie. Victorious wouldn't be the right word for this either. Defeated is more like it. And I'm pretty sure the words, "Are you freaking kidding me???" slipped in there as well.


It's not because the family in the room next to me has a child that wakes up at 7:47am every morning screaming at the top of his lungs. 


And it's definitely not because I had the most lack lustre ziti I've ever had for dinner tonight. 


It is, however, almost, because I found $6 in my back pocket and know that I can get one medium coffee from Einstein Bagel at $1.79 each for the next 3 mornings. Yay me!


No, the real reason I feel victorious is because *drum role please* I won on ebay!!! I have never bid on ebay before and I actually won! I feel like I could do anything right now. I am invincible! Okay, that's taking it a little far...... maybe. Now, I'm no ebay expert but I'm pretty sure it's been around longer than my children have been alive.... and I've never used it before.... this may be one of the saddest things I've ever sad. Nevertheless, I bid on the item with 2 hours left and I kept checking and checking every few minutes to make sure I wasn't going to get sniped by the one other bidder (Yeah, you know its a good item when only two people in the entire world are bidding on it.) I admit that I was a little obsessed for those two hours. But I will have one happy son on Christmas morning :)


Change of topic: The other day I said I felt as though we would be home mid-week. *Hanging my head in shame and disappointment and quietly whispering with rejection* "I was wrong." (That hurts.) I quickly fall from my ebay induced victory high to weeping and gnashing of teeth. Rambo has again seen fit to throw a wrench in the works. We had him almost down to base line oxygen yesterday when he started working hard again. His 'sats' were sitting low and wouldn't go up. He looked very flush and his lips were a dark red/blue color. Today, his 'sats' never went above 94 (he should be 95-100) and were even dipping down to mid 80's. So up his oxygen goes again. The xray from yesterday looked better than it did before so we aren't really sure what is causing this. Big surprise. Thankfully he has no fever and seems to be feeling well on a whole. The doctors saw fit to cancel his echo and there's not really anything I can do about that. If he continues on the path he was on today or his oxygen requirements increase more they will run labs AGAIN and do another xray. Poor guy has been stuck and prodded more than I care to think about. Thank you, God, that he just keeps smiling. 


I'm off to see what other treasures I can find online. Here's to many more ebay victories in the future!!    

Comments