The thing about being a stay at home mom is...

I've been thinking.
"Uh oh," you say.
Just here me out on this one. 


I think I've finally decided that I like being a stay at home mom. You're thinking, "It only took you 7 years to decide that?" Well, yes... and no. Because there are days where I would do ANYTHING to get out of the house. I seriously mean anything. Forget homeschooling, leave Rambo behind, stay as far away from laundry as possible, no worries about cat puke, no floors to sweep, no bills to pay, no meals to make just run Run RUN!


Okay, after writing all that I'm now thinking that kind of sounds ideal.....


What was I saying before??? Oh right... the whole 'I like being a stay at home mom' thing......


So, as I was saying, I have decided I like my role as a stay at home mom. Here are the reasons why (as I now have to convince myself all over again)
Who really wants to get up, get dressed and be ready for work at 8am? And for some nurses and police officers and the like it's more like 7am for a 12 hour shift. You have to be awake and on top of your game. I don't know about you guys but I am still in my pajamas until at least 9:30. And I'm not going to lie, some days I don't ever really get out of them. Then, most people who work have to deal with other people. Ugh. 


That was what I was thinking as I was in the kitchen sipping my coffee this morning at 9:20 watching the world go by. Of course, once I get home again I'm sure I'll have this entire argument in my head daily, but at least for now I'm thankful. 


Also, for those of you who couldn't sleep for the thought that I missed the most important scene in the movie 'Soul Surfer', you can rest now. I caught it just a few minutes ago.... kind of anticlimactic..... 


Little man says 'who wouldn't want to stay at home with this?'


Also.... ssshhhh.... he had a good day yesterday and today so the thought is home tomorrow. Woot.

Comments

  1. I'm with you, girl. stayin home is a blessing (most of the time) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment